Sunday, January 6, 2013

Moody Gardens Festival of Lights

And to go along with the last story... lol... Here's more Groupon fun!  

Heather and I bought the Moody Garden's Festival of Lights ticket.  Included in the ticket was a tour of the rain forest pyramid and the Festival of Lights outside.  By the time we left work and got to Galveston it was pretty dark and late for the entrance to the rain forest exhibit but we still got to see some cool creatures.  
 I thought the BRIGHT blue frog was pretty amazing.
 "Hellooooo thereeeeee" said the chameleon. :)
The pretty polka-dotted frog on a beautiful pink plant.  There sure are some pretty things in this world...
Although, I'm not so sure about how "pretty" my Amazon anaconda is.  But whatever keeps him over there and not by me I'm good with!
I have to say, for some reason, I thought the bats were REALLY cute!  Don't ask me why... It was probably the plastic glass that was between us, though. :)

After we finished with the rain forest pyramid we headed outdoors to see the Festival of Lights, the REAL reason we came.  There were lots of people and it was pretty cold.  We tried to get some hot chocolate from a pop-up tent but WOW, it was HORRIBLE.  But even the hot chocolate couldn't stop the fun we had here... Take a look... 
 Loved the entrance...where I threw away a whole cup of nasty hot chocolate.  Just saying... I'm not bitter. though. :)

There was a "movie" that played every 15 minutes about the life of Jesus, that I thought was nice.  This was at the end/beginning when the whole city of "Bethlehem" is lit up.
As you walk along the guided path there are different figures lit to help you find your way.  There are toy soldiers and these angels that help you get started.  But, don't worry, it's really not as dark as the picture portrays.
I had to take a picture of the school of fish! :)
And the butterflies were really high up and were SO beautiful!  I loved the colors...
And the book nerd in me was jumping for joy when I saw the Polar Express display!  Do YOU Believe? :)
And for those that know me know I LOVE fairy tales and completely adored the castle.
Towards the end they even had Santa and his reindeer taking off.  It was really nice and would definitely go again!  The only disappointing part was they had a huge S'MORE tent where you roasted your own marshmallow and we missed it by maybe 5 minutes.  But other than that we had a really fun time.  It was so fun to get into the Christmas spirit before heading to North Carolina for Christmas with the boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment